3 Setbacks When You Apply for Singapore PR

1. Fierce Competition for Approval

With a small number of spots available, the bar for approval is high. Every year, more and more qualified applicants are applying. An unremarkable profile diminishes your chances during the selection process.

2. Highly Demanding and Tedious Process

Navigating the online system requires precision and time. Every detail and document provided demands complete accuracy. Submitting error-ridden paperwork can significantly impair your application and odds of becoming an SPR.

3. Rigorous Assessment Criteria

Singapore sees a limited 30,000 PR approvals annually, a severe decline from over 70,000. Given the mounting competition, this points to even more rigorous assessment. How can you be certain your application meets the standards?

Client Reviews

Why S Pass Holders Must Apply for Singapore PR Now

There is no better time than the present to apply for Permanent Residency. It might seem like you should wait for the “perfect” moment for it, but delaying your application for too long will decrease your chances of becoming a permanent resident. Read more to find out why this is the best time for an S Pass Holder to submit their application.



1. Tighter Restrictions on Those Looking to Apply for Singapore PR

More policies have been set in place to tighten restrictions on foreigners in recent years. After 2009, the number of PR approval saw a steady decrease as authorities stepped up measures to curb a rise of dishonest practices. PR applications underwent a more stringent assessment process, which led to a higher number of rejections. In 2017, the annual Population in Brief (PIB) report showed that 31,849 new permanent residents were approved, much fewer than the numbers in previous years.

Moreover, the Singapore Government Budget 2019 revealed that the quota for foreign workers will begin to see a yearly reduction. With these constant changes in policy, attaining a permanent resident status is only going to get harder for you in the future. This is where Paul Immigrations comes in. Having accumulated years of experience and expertise in the industry, our specialists have the know-how and resources to help you beat the odds.


2. A Higher Demand to Apply for Singapore PR

With a lower foreigner quota, comes an increased demand for PR. This demand will likely increase the number of PR applications and competition in the community, making it that much harder for you to get yours approved. To get the odds in your favour, it will be necessary to put together your profile in such a way that it highlights your skills, educational and professional qualifications. This will not only help your profile stand out, but it will also go a long way in strengthening your profile.

Our team of specialists can also help you craft a personalised cover letter to set your profile apart from the rest. Although a cover letter is not required, having one can significantly impact your overall profile.


3. Urgency to Apply for Singapore PR

A higher demand for PR means foreigners face a time crunch when it comes to their application. However, it is important not to rush the process as it may lead to more mistakes and missing information, compromising the overall quality of your profile. To help you manage this, you should hire a professional immigration specialist to help you with your paperwork.

At Paul Immigrations, we will help you consolidate all the various types of documents required for your submission. Our experienced team will also ensure that you include all the relevant documents and not miss out any vital information.

How Paul Immigrations Helps You Apply for Singapore PR

Your Application is in Safe Hands
Your Application is in Safe Hands

Rest assured, your application is in safe hands with our specialists. We will safeguard your personal information while ensuring that your application is not missing any important documents. Our team will also help you prepare additional documents, including a cover letter that will showcase your best traits and achievements.

Let the Experts Guide You
Let the Experts Guide You

With years of experience in the industry, our specialists are able to provide you with helpful tips to improve your chances of becoming a permanent resident. From offering you insightful advice to ensuring that your application highlights your best qualities, our specialists possess the expertise to help you achieve an outstanding application.

Facilitate Your Application
Facilitate Your Application

It can be tiresome to go through the entire process by yourself. Worst yet, making one mistake on your documents can compromise your entire submission. With the help of our specialists, the process will be simple and efficient. We will be facilitating your PR application, guiding you from start to end of the process.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, it will be possible for you to apply for an S Pass while you are on a Visit Pass.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to take ownership of a business or be the sole proprietor of the business.

If you are keen on starting a business here before becoming a Permanent Resident, you should apply for an EntrePass. The scheme is catered to innovators, foreign entrepreneurs, or experienced investors who are interested in relocating and starting a business here.

If you currently hold a Work Permit, you must first find out if you are eligible for an S Pass. One thing that you can do to assess your eligibility is to use the self-assessment tool on the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). If you do meet the requirements, you can ask your employer to apply for it for you. Be sure to ask your employer to do so at the earliest possible time.

If you hold a valid Work Pass, you will be able to remain in the country while your paperwork is being processed. You also do not need to worry about cancelling your Work Permit before your application for an S Pass is approved. However, in the event that your Work Permit expires before you obtain the outcome of your submission, your employer can make a request to extend your Work Permit. This extension will depend on MOM’s approval.

If you are changing jobs, you will need to get your new prospective employers to apply for a new S Pass. Note that you will not be required to cancel your existing work visa when changing jobs. Our team at Paul Immigrations will be able to assist you with updating your employment status with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) when they are aiding you in your PR application.

You may proceed with the online application itself while you are overseas if you do meet the eligibility criteria.

Calculate Your PR Chances Now*

No RelationshipHusband/WifeUnmarried ChildAged Parent
You agree to our website privacy policy by submitting the form.
*Actual success may vary, based on the individual's qualifications. Paul Immigrations Pte Ltd cannot guarantee that the Singapore authorities will agree with our Consultant's assessment.