3 Main Issues When You Apply for Singapore PR

1. Higher Rates of Rejection

Though the demand for SPR has been on the rise lately, the number of approved applications has shrunk. Only a limited 30,000 become Permanent Residents every year, leaving the rest to endure protracted cooling periods after rejection.

2. Tedious Process With No Margin for Error

An application involves completing tedious forms and an overwhelming list of documents. Even the slightest error in documentation can lead to rejection. Can you ensure the accuracy of your submission?

3. Uncertainty of Eligibility Chances

Rejected applications are not substantiated with reasons, pushing many into a state of uncertainty over their eligibility. With only the minimum eligibility criteria list to work with, it is extremely difficult to improve your chances.

Client Reviews

Are You Eligible to Apply for Singapore PR?

If you are planning to apply for Permanent Resident (PR) status in Singapore, you would first need to determine which PR scheme you are eligible for. There are five schemes that you can apply for permanent residency in the Lion City, each with their own set of eligibility criteria. Unsure if you are eligible to be a PR? Read on to find out more about them and their requirements to identify which is best suited for you.

1. Apply for Singapore PR Through PTS Scheme

If you hold either an Employment Pass or S Pass, you are eligible to apply for permanent residency through the Professionals, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme. It also allows you to include your spouse and/or children in your submission. Unfortunately, work permit holders are not eligible to do so under this option, but may consider the others listed below.

2. Apply for Singapore PR Through Family Scheme

The following groups of individuals may be eligible for permanent residence in the Lion City under the Family Scheme if they are:

  • Legally married spouse of a Singapore Citizen/PR
  • Child of a Singapore Citizen/PR who is unmarried, below 21 years of age, and was either born to a legally married couple or was legally adopted
  • Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen

3. Apply for Singapore PR Through Student Scheme

If you are a foreign student in the country, you may submit an application under the Student Scheme, as long as you have:

  • Stayed in the country for at least two years at the point of your application
  • Either passed at least one national exam (PSLE or GCSE ‘N’/’O’/’A’ levels) or are in the Integrated Programme

4. Apply for Singapore PR Through GIP

Foreigners who wish to invest in the country’s economy may apply to become a PR via the Global Investor Programme (GIP), a scheme administered by Contact Singapore — a division of the Economic Development Board. The GIP provides experienced foreign entrepreneurs and investors who wish to invest in a new or existing business in the country an easier route to obtaining PR status.

5. Apply for Singapore PR Through ForArts

Foreign artists who are keen to carve their career in the Lion City may become PRs through the Foreign Artistic Talent Scheme (ForArts). ForArts is jointly administered by ICA and the National Arts Council, and caters to foreign artists who have made significant contributions in their respective creative fields.

How We Can Help You Apply for Singapore PR

Lead You Throughout the Entire Process
Lead You Throughout the Entire Process

The process involved in getting permanent residency can be complex, making it easy for you to accidentally leave out crucial information and documents. The team at Paul Immigrations will guide you throughout the entire process, leaving no stone unturned to bring you a step closer to becoming a PR.

Organise All Necessary Documents
Organise All Necessary Documents

The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority will deem a submission incomplete if it is missing any required document(s), thus causing it to be rejected. At Paul Immigrations, our team of specialists will eliminate this concern and ensure every single document has been accounted for.

Prepare Additional Essential Documents
Prepare Additional Essential Documents

Stand out from other applicants by including additional documents that highlight your positive traits and contributions. With their expertise, our team of specialists will advise you on the type of documents that will help raise the success rate of your submission.

Frequently Asked Questions

The ICA does not recognise common-law spouses with regard to the submission for PR status. Since an official marriage certificate has to be produced by the applicant’s sponsor (i.e. the Singapore Citizen/PR), the couple has to be married within a legal context.

According to ICA regulations, a citizen is only allowed to sponsor the PR application of their biological or legally adoptive parents.

If your parents-in-law are keen to do so, they may submit an application via one of two options.

Firstly, if your spouse is not a citizen, have them submit a citizenship application. If they are granted citizenship, your spouse may sponsor their parents’ PR application.

The second option is for your parents-in-law to submit their PR application based on their own merits via one of the following PR schemes: PTS scheme, GIP, or ForArts.

If your residential address changes during this period, immediately update this new information on ICA’s ePR system. This ensures you do not miss any crucial letters relating to the outcome of your submission.

You would have to supplement your application with a declaration letter, explaining their absence. If you are unsure of how to write this letter, approach our team of experts at Paul Immigrations. We will help you prepare this letter and ensure your submission is still considered valid.

While the National Arts Council (NAC) is the administering body of the ForArts scheme, ICA still makes the final decision. You would need to submit the PR application form and the necessary supporting documents to ICA.

Our team of specialists at Paul Immigrations will be able to guide you through this process, ensuring you do not miss out on any important information required by ICA.

We advise you to submit your application as soon as possible. Remember, you are vying for this coveted status against thousands of other applicants. In addition, ICA has tightened their regulations over the years to ensure only those who are serious about contributing to the country’s progress are granted the status. Therefore, getting your submission settled as soon as you can may increase your likelihood of obtaining permanent residency here.

Calculate Your PR Chances Now*

No RelationshipHusband/WifeUnmarried ChildAged Parent
You agree to our website privacy policy by submitting the form.
*Actual success may vary, based on the individual's qualifications. Paul Immigrations Pte Ltd cannot guarantee that the Singapore authorities will agree with our Consultant's assessment.